seas apart, words at heart

 



— by Blue



The old me wouldn’t have imagined a time such as this would come. I have never dreamed of it, not exactly. But now that I somehow kind of have it, I realize how much I have longed for it all along. It’s a mystery that I couldn’t quite explain or solve. I only know how certain I am, wishing every night that I might not lose it.


It Is something so out of my reach at first. Even now I truly wonder if this is nothing but a mirage in the midst of mocking reality. What if everything that makes this up is a figment of my imagination? What if this person is nothing but a sham? What if everything else is a lie?


It's that hard to believe.


They say seeing is believing, but then I chose to believe what I am feeling instead. Something that I couldn’t yet hold. Something that I haven’t even laid my eyes upon. Something filled with beautiful promises that I firmly hold on to as they grow in number and never less. Now I have a mountain of wishes and a beaming ray of hope.


But here come the storms, their gusts of wind daring to take away the confidence in me. Here come the lumpy gray clouds trying to steal the light from me.


They are the turbulence of misunderstandings teasing their way in with the fact that I speak another language different from him. How his world uses different words to say love, and how my world has an undefined way to describe a feeling akin to the butterflies in your stomach.


His words are nowhere In my dictionary, and mine are not in his. And yet we manage. We do. Strangely enough, even as I use letters and he uses characters, in a weird-looking conversation we settle in the in-between.


Even as the seas divide the land that we stand on. Even as history divided it in tragedy once before. Different words yet almost the same meaning, connecting hearts as if everything is whole.







___________ thank you so much for reading ^^

art and words by blue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLIPPING THE TABLES IN A STORM

POSSESSION OF THE SOUL